Saturday 14 July 2012

Tea Cosies








Forgetting my  limitation last Christmas, I  eagerly enrolled myself in “Wild Knitting with Loani Prior” by the Sturt Gallery in Mittagong.  A workshop I had missed out on gaining a place in, for the last 2 years. I hurled myself on the Southern Highlands, with a car piled high of all the wool it could hold and a lifetime of knitting paraphernalia.
Anguish, hopelessness followed. It all started when I heard the term ‘slip knot’  I could not remember it.  Half a day gone trying to remember it, while I miss out on ‘the no holes cast on’ on two circular needles! The terms; names; came bubbling out fast 'read your knitting’, ‘knit in the round on two circular needles’, ‘knit in colour stranding Fair Isle’, ‘ knit left handed Continental style to assist in manipulation of yarns in colour stranding’ , ‘understand the simple maths of shaping!!! discover the sculptural possibilities’  
I was done for. 
High anxiety and panic followed for the five consecutive days and nights as I tried to understand the  f*!*ing instruction.   Knitting into the night until I couldn’t see what I was doing, hands cramped.  and disheartened I struggled on.   Eventually it end.

Hat & Tea Cosies

No comments:

Post a Comment